Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. JPG1953

JPG1953 Copper BB

I am new to this forum, all I can say about myself is that I have been buying,selling and collecting guns for about 35 years. I learn something new just about every day and I enjoy these forums. I live in Missouri and I am retired. I recently traded for a gun that I have never seen before. It is a FN built SA-22 on the Browning patient, one thing different it is NOT a takedown it is a solid frame. Looking for help trying to find any information on this gun.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. ColdBlue

ColdBlue Copper BB

ColdBlue is a handle I picked years ago after my initial request to the SASS (which was CaseHarden) was rejected as it was already in use.
    I post alot on AR15.com as ColdBlue in reference to AR matters, especially the M16A2.
    23 years a Marine (1968-1991). Was Enlisted then an Infantry Officer.
    My first Browning was a 9mm HiPower I purchased at the Camp Pendleton PX after I returned from Vietnam.
    My other Browning, a .44 magnum Model 1892 I purchased around 1976, and that's what I am reloading for and shooting the most this Summer.
    However, it will not stabilize any form of 210-240 gr. lead or jacketed bullets. In fact it actually "keyholes" some of these heavy, but standard weight (for .44 magnum) bullets.
    On the good side however, factory loaded 180 grain Hornady .44 Specials group fine at 50 yards, as well as my 180 gr. Hornady XTP handloads with 9.1 gr. of Unique using a large pistol primer.
    Any other 1892 owner/shooters out there...?
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Hello all! New to the group just picked up a browning A5 3 shot 16 gauge and look forward to being a part of the group here to ask questions and see everyone’s pictures.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your Auto-5.
    Hippiefromhell likes this.
  5. Noturus

Noturus .410

Noturus Placidus is an endangered small catfish found only on the Neosho River in Southeast Kansas. It's also called the Neosho Madtom. I named my fishing kayak after it and thought it would be a good user name here. I will get around to an avatar once I get familiar with this site.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  6. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .410

Mine is so I don't forget who or where I am.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  7. Noturus

Noturus .410

I'm sorry, who are you again?:giggle:
    ripjack13 likes this.
  8. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

Years ago when I first started Playstation 1 video games (way back in 1998 :lol: ) , I needed a name that would be cool. So I started thinking of names similar to Jack the Ripper, and the movie "Freejack" (with Charlie "Winning" Sheen and Mick " I'm so old I should be a mummy" Jagger.) Also I loved the movie " Tank Girl" with Lori (mmmmmm yummy) Petty and the characters in the movie that everyone was so afraid of were called "Rippers"....so I put all them together and
    I came up with "ripjack", so I entered it.. ..and low and behold someone thought of it before me! wth!?? :eek: (also it's an Inn in Costa Rica) So, I wanted to keep it, but I decided to add the number 13 to it, because my name is Marc, and the letter M is the 13th letter in the alphabet.

The avatar is from Assasins Creed...
    I played that game all the time. And I loved the picture.

So there you have it.....
    Rudolph31 likes this.