Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Scotty...
  2. txrick55

txrick55 .22LR

Not really a newbie, I have a few posts here under my belt.
    I was lucky enough to live in N & W Texas back when quail were plentiful, the avatar reminds me of those days.
    I can remember showing up for work the opening day of Dove season the first year I lived here.
    My Boss informed me I was about the only Yankee he ever heard of that would show up for work on the State Appointed Holiday.
    Next year I was invited to join my co-workers on opening day of both Dove & Quail.
    I was actually paid opening day to go hunting, had to have a valid hunting license, and share the "bounty".
    Rudolph31 and Gator like this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good story txrick55...welcome back !!
  4. Just my name but, my avatar is a pic of me that I liked on my Honda ST1300 during a Long Distance Endurance motorcycle rally. I rode in the 2001 Iron Butt Rally and successfully completed it.

I don't compete anymore but, I still have the ST1300 and teach Motorcycle Safety for the MSF. I'm currently thinking of becoming a certified NRA instructor at my local shooting range.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

A very worthwhile endeavor Joe...

NRA Life Member since 1977....
  6. Screen name is from my fire company. Eagle Hook & Ladder Co. 7
    Avatar is my muzzle loader buck from a couple of years ago in South Carolina.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Eagle Rider...!!
  8. My real name is Blake, but my user name refers to my location. AB is short for Alberta. And I'm a man who loves his Brownings. Simple, and strait forward.

My avatar is a shot from the last pheasant hunt of 2014. My lab pup Jed is about a year old in the picture, and my my favourite shotgun, my 525 citori, is leaning on the post. He had a pretty darned good first year and got lots of field time between ducks and pheasants. Hopefully the first of many great seasons to come with my dog.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Always loved that breed...great field dogs !!

Thanks for sharing Blake...
  10. danmac

danmac Copper BB

It's what I shoot, love that gun, 32" Sporting.
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Danmac !!
  12. Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska Copper BB

My name is Doug and I live outside Wasilla Alaska. As for the avatar, those dogs are my Australian Cattle Dogs and my other hobby is dog training and competing in herding trials. However, since my boys are gone and have families of their own, these two are my kids!
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Good lookin' breed Doug...
  14. Alcazar

Alcazar .410

My daughter makes decals for folks and has been busy helping decorate my firearm box. Hello Kitty and my S&W .45 on the lid.
    Browning decal on the way,, can have Mr. Browning left out.

Not sure how to change my screen name but would appreciate some help with that!!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Joan...

Screen name changes require a PM to the Admin...his name on this forum is DHonovich.
  16. BrowningHunter

BrowningHunter Copper BB

Hello fellow Browning fans. I'm new to this forum and looking forward to visiting regularly.
    Eagle Rider likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Browning Hunter !!

Where abouts in Florida are you located...!?
  18. Tazman1602

Tazman1602 Copper BB

Hello all!

Glad to have found you. My forum name -- the first part "Tazman" is a reflection of my life as a young man, lovingly given to me by my wife of 35 years. The second part, "1602" was the CC displacement of my last motorcycle. I can't find my normal avatar but will. It is a 1911-A1 and the caption reads; "45ACP, because shooting twice is silly". I am a HUGE 1911 nut who recently came by my first BAR 300 Winmag at last weekends gun show. It's a 1981 model in pristine shape with extremely nice wood. Picked it up for a mere $550.

Previous owner removed and plugged the holes where the front sight ramp was (idiot..) but other than that it appears unmolested. I certainly hope so, been building Mausers, 1911's, Ruger Mini's, and AR's for years but have zero experience with BAR's so any advice appreciated -- I've actually considered sending the rifle to Browning for a complete tear down and inspection, any advice there appreciated.

Just ordered a Luepy VX-R withe Luepold QR Bases and rings. I have a few VX-R's with 30mm tubes that I just LOVE!

Again so great to find you guys and if any advice please, feel free!

Art
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Tazman1602...

Enjoy the forum...
  20. 777Driver

777Driver Copper BB

I used to be a U.S. Navy pilot, flying off aircraft carriers in a squadron called the "Red Griffins" (hence the avatar). Now I'm as airline pilot, flying the Boeing 777.
    I bought my first gun in 1980; a Dan Wesson 357 Magnum. In 1981 I bought my Browning Hi-Power 9mm auto. Love both of these guns! Got out of the Navy in '88, and didn't do much shooting for the next 20 years. Started getting back into guns because the world is getting crazy, and Obama is doing nothing. Got my CCW 2 years ago. Still love and shoot my Dan Wesson and my Browning, but I feel they are a little large for carrying. For that I got a SCCY CPX-1, and a Taurus PT-111. Both are 9mm autos, and both are excellent guns for carrying.
    Rudolph31 and (deleted member) like this.