Tactical BAR in .300 Win Mag?

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Kanaima, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

I've got this crazy vision to build a (quasi) Tactical Bar. A few years ago I saw a picture of a BAR sniper rifle in .300 Win Mag, built byhttp://www.armstechltd.com/products.php?id=smir_rifle and the image has been sitting in the back of my head ever since. The Arms Tech version (I think) is incredible! The BAR is a beautiful rifle to begin with. I love the classic lines and what Arms Tech has done is to take it to a whole new level. So my goal for 2013 is to put something together. To that end first I need a BAR Safari in .300 win mag. Next up are some factory hi capacity mags, which are a European only option.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/r...kr.com/8350/8180012532_8188af7433_b.jpg[/img]
    Tactical_Browning 6 by sunstruck1, on Flickr[/url].

We're restricted to 5 round magazines for semi auto's here in Canada so a conversion to accept the Military Browning BAR mags like Arms Tech has done isn't neccesary (Thankfully because I think that would be a significant and expensive endeavour). It would probably be a lot cheaper to weld a couple of the Euro hi capacitys together. Then comes a Douglas Precision Premium barrel, a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm, M5 Front Focal scope with Horus reticle (if I can afford it!) or a TMR (if I can't). So if anybody out there can help me locate a BAR, preferably local but...and help me locate those hi capacity mags, I'd sure appreciate it!
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

While someone may be able to "locate the magazines" at some US website, what are the chances of that company being able to send you them given the Canadian restrictions...
  3. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

Yes I would have to have the magazine pinned prior to import. I have chatted with a fellow who purchased some from a sporting goods store in Germany and they pinned them for him for a very modest cost. Even the magazines, if I can find them, aren't that expensive, around 70 euros I believe. And due to U.S. export laws apparently I'd be better off getting them sent straight from Germany to Canada.
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice project idea Kanaima, would be pretty unique to have a tactical BAR.

BTK