T-Bolt Tactical Maple Stock???

Discussion in 'Browning T-Bolt Rifle' started by Rob poston, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Hello,
    I have a Browning T-Bolt with a maple stock and a threaded, heavy tactical barrel. I was curious how many of these were made, if any. I have seen the maple stock with a tapered barrel, and the "Reaper" model with the synthetic stock which has the heavy "tactical" barrel, but not this version. It was at the gun store that I work at on clearance, and for $232.00 out the door (sales tax and background check included), I could not pass up adding it to my collection. Thanks in advance for the advice!
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yo Rob....where's the obligatory pictures....!?
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Whoops!, sorry about that.
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Here you go. Sorry for the delay, my work schedule has been crazy lately. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

My apologies for the crappy pics... I have a bad habit of spending good money on guns, but cheap out on my cameras. ;+)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome Rob....

And setup with a threaded barrel too....
  7. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Thank you, Shooter! I was amazed at the accuracy of this little fella. The threaded barrel is sort of cool, although I doubt I would ever use it. I just now got back on my wife's good side after buying a 3" Judge and a Browning Auto 22 rifle without telling her. If I told her that I was going to buy a supressor (along with $200.00 tax stamp/ transfer fee, etc.), my next financial investment would be in a good divorce attorney. ;+)
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

10. The Browning T Bolt was not slated for any target/Varmint barrels. My Tree Farm supplied some of the Sugar Maple for the Browning and Winchester Bolt action Rifles. This stock you pictured is straight grained Maple and I sell that primarily as Maple hardwood flooring. It makes great floors if you like blond wood. Used to be all bowling alleys and a lot of gymnasium floors used hard Maple. The wood I select for rifle stock material is almost always Fiddleback like Strativarius , Armani, and Lagott used in Violins and Violas, and Cellos from the earliest imported hardwoods from the Americas to Europe. It now is usually referred to as Tiger Maple and another Sugar Maple variant is Birds Eye Maple.

The oldest rifles I know of were Maple stocked and used a lot in the1700s and were used pretty hard. I have supplied blanks of the best for Kentucky and Pennsylvania Long Rifles usually in flintlock. Shorter blanks I select out for bolt action rifles. I own several recent Winchester and Browning X Bolt and T Bolt when I thought maybe I was buying back a finished rifle.
    The durabilty of these stocks is very, very good. I myself Grade very heavily for the distinct Tiger Maple pattern. Recently Winchester introduced a Dark Maple Featherweight Stainless and it is the only one of these I do not own a completed rifle in. This Varmint rifle is extremely rare at this point. The standard T Bolt in .17HMR is very accurate.
    I would think the Varmint model would be accurate and shoot very stable.