Special steel double sprinted

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by murphranch, Feb 25, 2020.

1. murphranch

murphranch .410

Friction rings are very sharp with burrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Burrs not good. If you can clean up with a little sand paper would be good. The friction rings are pretty expensive. You don’t wanna dull the sharp edges.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Really that cheap. Damn I paid 40 for my last.
  5. Ranger6

That’s the steel ring. I’m taking about bronze piece. Says 13 on my end
  6. Ranger6

And 19 for the 16. Don’t think they had them in stock when I got my last batch. I’ve never really had a problem out of the steel ring, so far anyway
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

There’s only one part called a Friction Ring, the other parts are the Bronze Friction Piece and the Friction Spring.
  8. Ranger6

Yes you are correct sir, sorry my sloppy terminology. I do believe murphranch was on the same page last night
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The names can be confusing, I frequently check the schematic to avoid using the wrong term.
  10. murphranch

murphranch .410

Got my replacement parts and reassembled the gun. Shot everything from light target, high brass #5 to some 3 inch #2. Gun worked flawlessly other than spitting out 1 live round only once when shooting the light loads but I know what to do about that problem. When set up correctly the gun shot with very little recoil in every load as it should be. Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  11. Ranger6

Glad to hear you got it back together and it’s a good shooter. Enjoy