Sling for maxus ?

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by ninja_geezer, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer Copper BB

Hi all newbie to this forum.
    recently got myself a really good looking grade 3 walnut Maxus, using it at the local club on clays and do a lot of walking about in between the different shooting positions so would like to fit a sling.
    the one thing i don't really want to do is drill the butt stock, so i am asking your advice and open to suggestions on the best one to fit. are there any slings that i could utilize the front swivel attachment and have a loop for the butt stock ?
  2. ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer Copper BB

3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey, welcome to the browning owners community!! Congrats on the Maxus, the walnut finish looks really nice. Never looked into a sling for my Maxus but I have slings for a couple other guns I own. The only issue is that most of them will require you to drill into the stock, I will try to see if I can dig up some info on slings that wouldn't need drilling.
  4. kdubinwa

kdubinwa .22LR

For that setup I recommend a Mountain Stalker Sling and an Uncle Mike's Quick Disconnect Sling Swivel for the forearm.
  5. ninja_geezer

ninja_geezer Copper BB

Thanks , yes i dont want to drill the stock,i would like to fit a swivel on the barrel end as the Maxus has the provision to do so.
  6. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

How would that fit? I'd like to see it.
  7. kdubinwa

kdubinwa .22LR

The forearm release lever also opens and closes around the standard pin peg on a gun swivel right at the very front. Makes it very easy to release the sling from the front of the gun, just flip the lever open as if you were going to take the forearm off and the sling swivel falls free.