Sightmark Mini Shot Holographic Reflex Sight Review

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Nov 14, 2011.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Global Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Just installed a receiver rail and a Sightmark Mini Shot holographic reflex sight on the 590. Picked it up for $80 w/free shipping at opticsplanet.com.

[​IMG]

The Sightmark series of reflex sights are designed to create a lightweight, yet accurate, sight. Sightmark reflex sights are able to handle heavy recoil, will stay zeroed in longer than competitor’s reflex sights and are perfect for shotguns, pistols and rifles. The Mini Shot™ is the most compact in the Sightmark line; it is lightweight and extremely accurate for its miniature size. This reflex sight features a 3 MOA illuminated dot reticle and is useful for most any application from close quarter combat situations to hunting. The Mini-Shot’s compact size makes it perfect for use with handguns and shotguns; which can then be utilized for home defense, target shooting, or turkey hunting. To create the ultimate weapon, mount the Mini Shot alongside a riflescope in order to quickly acquire targets at close distances while utilizing the riflescope to engage targets at long range.

Features
    Precision Accuracy
    Reliable and Durable
    Wide Field of View
    Quick Target Aquisition
    Perfect for Rapid Fire or Moving Target Shooting
    Single Reticle*
    Parallax Corrected
    Unlimited Eye Relief
    Weaver Mount
    Lightweight
    Water Resistant
    Shockproof
    Low Power Consumption
    3 MOA Dot

Specifications

Magnification: 1x
    Objective: 23mm x 16mm
    Field of View: 15.7m @100m
    Eye Relief: Infinite
    Coating: AR Red
    Water Resistant: Yes
    Reticle: single (3 MOA dot)
    MOA Adjustment: 1 (one click)
    Battery: 1 (One) CR2032 3V Lithium
    Battery Life: 2 Hours
    Brightness Settings: N/A
    Max Recoil: Up to .50 caliber
    Construction: Aircraft-grade Aluminum
    Operating Temperature: -10°C to 50°C
    Dimensions (in): 8.13x1.0x1.4
    Weight (oz): 2.4

Included in Package
    Rubber Lens Cap
    Adjustment Tools
    Battery
    Limited Lifetime Warranty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Initial impressions:

This thing is tiny! It seems very well built despite its size and the 3 MOA dot is VERY crisp. The two brightness settings make for quick adjustment depending on your lighting conditions. It has a light censor that when you put the hood on, switches the optic into sleep mode.

http://www.sightmark.com/products/refle ... ht-sm13001
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Here are some pics of the Mini Shot mounted...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

The 3 MOA dot is VERY clean and crisp...

[​IMG]
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

As for performance, this thing is a little beast!

What it lacks in size it more than makes up in results on target. Windage and elevation adjustments are made with a small screwdriver. Took me about five shots to get her dialed in and I was punching holes where I wanted em in no time. Here's one of my 50 yard targets using Centurion 2.75 inch, 1 1/8 oz slugs. Ten rounds went into this one...

[​IMG]

Put 50 rounds down range today with no movement or vibration in the optic or mount. I highly recommend the Sightmark Mini Shot to anyone looking for a great, affordable reflex red dot.
  5. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Great review Sniper, sounds like you found a pretty sweet deal. I always hesitate when I find deals like this because they are normally always too good to be true but this one looks like a great buy.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome review my friend, not only informative...but great pictures too !!
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thanks fellas!

I'm the same way, but have had great experiences with Sightmark products. They make some great, affordable gear that fits my needs pretty well.
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I tried the sight in several different positions before deciding on its current spot and ultimately mounted it toward the rear for close proximity to the rest of the controls, safety, etc. In the same movement used to disengage the safety I can quickly flip on the dot. I've had no issues with visibility and am able to shoot both eyes open with no difficulty.