Sight picture up date

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by recoil, Oct 11, 2022.

1. recoil

recoil .410

Sorry fellas. I will try this again, I tied to explain what I was seeing and I think everybody got me wrong. I was not talking about the barrel where it entered the action I meant the rib from the bead to the action and along the top of the action not being straight with each other. anyway, I pulled the barrel off and put a steel straight edge along the top of the action and measured down to the top of the mag tube and there was a big difference of 1/8 of an inch so the mag tube was facing up from the action.
    I read the workshop a5 manual and in there it states that the sight picture can be changed, so I made a wooden block to fit the magtube and clamped it in the vice with a dial indicator and gently pulled on the tube until it was straight. put the barrel back in and everything was smooth no tight spots or anything, and now I look down the barrel and it is level with the top of the action, tried shooting and the patterns now are poa just he way I like it.
    I also made the square grip into a round grip as I like them better and refinished the stocks. Sorry I can not post pictures
    Auzzie and Rudolph31 like this.