Shorttrac help 7wsm

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Blinginpse, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Blinginpse

Blinginpse Copper BB

This is my first post but please don't shy away since I'm new. Have several Brownings but need some input here. I've eye balled shorttracs and now Have 1 in the mail. Seems accuracy is hit and miss by reading on the net. Been trying to find reloading info incase gun doesn't shoot so swift. Please input or owners who can say about these guns I want to hear it. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Blinginpse !!

Please take the time to introduce yourself to our small yet knowledgeable community by posting something about your background in the New Member Welcome Area....

Enjoy the Forum !!
  3. Blinginpse

Blinginpse Copper BB

Yes sir I will do. Thanks

4. Blinginpse

Blinginpse Copper BB

Nobody with wsm experience

5. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

I have a Hog Stalker, which is a Short Track 308 with special bottom metal to accept high capacity magazines. Same gun essentially as FN's FNAR. Mine shoots well; 5 shots under 1 MOA with some handloads I made.

Most every shooter I've ever met will shoot a semi-auto less well than a manually operated or single shot rifle, until they're trained and/or practice extensively. Follow-through with a semi is very different and more difficult. So, many shooters believe that their semi-autos don't shoot as well as their other rifles, when in fact the shooter is the 'problem.'

Congrats and good luck!
  6. Blinginpse

Blinginpse Copper BB

Ima ol hillbilly I likely could learn some things but I shoot well enough to kill. Luckily haha

7. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

:)
    To be clear, I was not knocking you or your shooting. Just offering a general observation. I have read of folks sometime who get a BAR that just won't shoot as well as we'd like. Hopefully that's not the case here. Don't have a WSM BAR, so can't really suggest specific loads or ammo to try.
  8. Blinginpse

Blinginpse Copper BB

Haha I know I just poking fun. I appreciate the help sir