SHOOTER13's Browning Buckmark...

Discussion in 'Browning Mark Handgun' started by SHOOTER13, May 28, 2011.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Here's a pic of my Browning Buckmark in 22lr, bought used for $175. Came with the red dot scope and ten magazines ( yup...10 ). She is a true tack driver...

Browning Buckmark... 22LR... 5 1/2" barrel

[​IMG]

The Buck Mark pistol is designed with a straight blowback action, and is crafted using aluminum alloy. It began production in 1985 and is still produced today. The Buck Mark replaced both the Challenger and International pistol models.

Buckmark Manual

http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/buckma ... 8_om_s.pdf
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is a sweet setup. How is the weight of the pistol with the scope on it? Love the all black look...
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

What a beauty and for the price that is one a hell of a deal.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

It does look like it overpowers the gun, but the scope is lightweight. I do remove it sometimes to point shoot when plinking cans and such...
  5. DHonovich

How far can you shoot with it while retaining its tack driving accuracy?
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Well Dan, unfortunetly all the ranges I frequent only allow pistols in the pistol designated areas, which tend to be 50 yards at best. So, I drive tacks at 50 yards... ;)

The .22 LR is effective to 150 yards, though practical range tends to be less. After 150 yards the ballistics of the round are such that the large "drop" will be difficult to compensate for. The accuracy of the cartridge is good, but not exceptional. When zeroed for 100 yards, the trajectory of the standard high-velocity .22 LR with a 40-grain bullet has about a 2 1/2 inch rise at 50 yards and a 10 1/2 inch drop at 150 yards.
  7. DHonovich

Thanks for the information.
  8. s9mcderm

s9mcderm Copper BB

I am so jealous of what you paid for your lovely buckmark.

Mine was full price, Actually, it was double the price after all the extras.

Buckmark
    - Trail lite 5.5 fluted/threaded barrel
    - Bushnell XLT Trophy 2-6x32 scope
    - Tatical solutions integral rail
    - Heggins spring flip

I am working on my NRA Pistol Qualification testing now (Started last week) and have already completed Pro-marksman and Marksman. Working on Marksman First Class tomorrow. :)

Attached Files:

9. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

WOW, great looking buckmark!!! I'm sure with that setup it shoots great. Good luck on the NRA qualification testing.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice s9mcderm !!

...and I thought my scope was big !! ;)