Replacement forehand and stocks for your Browning

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Billythekid, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I know it can be difficult sometimes trying to find a good replacement stock or forend for some of the later model Brownings. While walking around at the shot show; I came across Boyds Gun stocks which make replacement stocks and forends for just about every manufacturer out there. They had some A5 stocks on display and was impressed on the quality. Currently they make stocks/forends for the following Brownings: A5, A-Bolt, BAR, BPS and BT-99.

They seem to be reasonably priced and can customize it just about anyway you want it if you give them a call. Boyds Gun stocks has been looking into expanding the Browning line-up from what they currently offer, so if you guys have any suggestions let me know.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com
  2. carlsenior

carlsenior Copper BB

Just had a stock for my A5 delivered from Boyds, went for a custom option in forest camo laminate with a recoil pad, first class product and service - it did take a bit of fitting but that was only to be expected as all guns differ!
    I've put a couple of photos on the A5 forum, i'm really impressed and as for the cost - the fore-end, stock and pad were less than the replacement fore-end bought in the UK
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the feedback carlsenior, glad it worked out for you.
  4. tony m

tony m Copper BB

replacement for a blr takedown would be nice
  5. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Hi Folks, anyone put a Boyd's on their BPS? Mine is a great fit but the wood is fancy and I wondered about a laminate to be a little harder wearing.

Scrummy