Ready for hunting season.

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by cavmedic, Jul 22, 2019.

1. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

Got to take my BLR in SS takedown, in .308. [​IMG]

She’s supposed to be 1.6” above center to be perfectly zeroed. I’m there, beautifully, with factory ammo. [​IMG]

Let’s see some rifles and some groups.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Norske

Norske .410

My 358 Winchester BLR is also ready for an outfitted black bear hunt, It's zeroed for a 225 grain Nosler Partition at 25/50 yards. If the bears don't appear until it's too dark for the scope, I have a Marlin 1895 45-70 with a tritium dot front sight. I had that modification done to the heavy lever after being 19 yards from a bear and not able to see crosshairs or little brass bead. That made the ground blind interesting.
    Big/old black bears are smart. Nothing shows up until the last 5 minutes of legal shooting time.
    cavmedic likes this.
  3. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

I would definitely consider buying another BLR and if I do it would definitely be in .358. It’s without a doubt my favorite underrated caliber.
  4. Norske

Norske .410

See my comments about the thin-walled magazines in the troubleshooting thread (older ones had thicker walls). Don't put more than 3 rounds in a newer magazine. and even then good luck with reliability. A good gunsmith adjusted the feed lips on mine, but due to the thin steel didn't guarantee his fix, nor did he charge me for the maybe temporary work.