Question on Sweet 16 Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by RPGR90s, Mar 2, 2020.

1. RPGR90s

RPGR90s Copper BB

I ran some rounds through my brand new Sweet 16 over the weekend and it's a lovely gun. However, I would like a little more padding in regards to the recoil pad. Can I get a recommendation on improving, lowering the recoil "kick" over the stock unit?

Thank You,
    RPGR90s
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

What’s on there now? I’m assuming just the plate. You can still get the original white line pad and then have it fitted or buy a slip on one that cost lot less and works, just don’t look as good. Do you have it set up correctly? Should be pretty soft recoil, unless you have shoulder injury.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Are you shooting the new model Sweet Sixteen?
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

It don’t get much softer then the new one. If it’s to harsh maybe switch to 20
  5. RPGR90s

RPGR90s Copper BB

It’s the new model and it has the stock pad on it. I ran some slugs through it at the indoor range. Maybe it was the slugs.

thank you
  6. Ranger6

What grain of slug? I shoot 540 grain slug in my gold slug gun, it has a little kick to it, kind of like a tired mule, versus a pissed off one.
  7. RPGR90s

RPGR90s Copper BB

I'm not sure on the specifics. I'll need to look at the box again. (at work now).