pro night sights dim??

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by nakoa01, Jul 28, 2016.

1. nakoa01

nakoa01 .22LR

According to the website and the front sight itself the night sights on the black label pro are supposed to be trijicons. The rear has a browning mark on it the front says trijicon. However they seems pretty dim compared to all other night sights I have looked at. Don't think they need charged. I have had two pros with night sights now. Both dim I thought.
  2. Did you ever find a solution to your dim night sights. I finally painted over it with nail polish. I would like a fiber optic sight or something larger. I have been told that there are no sights that will fit the gun and the only option is to modify the barrel to accomodate larger sights. Do you have any info on the matter?
  3. nakoa01

nakoa01 .22LR

Yes I did. For what ever reason the sights needed to be charged. I am told that tritium sights don't need it. But after it setting under my desk lamp for 2 hrs there was a noticeable difference. So I put it under there all day. No problem after that. Now they are pretty bright at night. I still think 3 dots are easier to acquire quickly but they work.
  4. I'm glad to know that. I will clean off the polish and put them under light and see if it helps. I will keep looking into a fiber optic and get my eyes checked. Thanks for your help. Jane
  5. nakoa01

nakoa01 .22LR

Your are most welcome!
  6. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

I have the basic Black Label 380 and want different sights, can't find any. Did yours come with them? I need to contact Browning to see if I can get some.
  7. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Yes, you will need to charge them. They do get dimmer over time, but most tritium night sights will maintain illuminescence for 13 years. After that, the tritium will need to be replaced (for a nominal fee).