Price Point Range for Used Browning 1885 in 7mm Rem Mag

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Biggcary, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Biggcary

Biggcary Copper BB

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Browning 1885 High Wall in 7mm Rem Mag from a friend of a friend. I do not have the serial # for this rifle so I can't date it but I was told it was a Miroku manufactured rifle that is probably from the mid/late 90's. The condition of this rifle is supposed to be around 90%+ with only a few minor handling marks/dents in the stock and there has not been a lot of rounds shot through it so the barrel and action are all in great shape. It has a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12 x 40mm scope mounted on it and none of the original boxing or documents with it. I do not have a lot of knowledge about this particular rifle other than what I have researched online and I am having a hard time finding comparable sales for this particular model and caliber on the various gun auction and gun classified add sites. From what I have read, this particular model rifle in 7mm Rem Mag may be somewhat harder to find than other calibers such as 30.06 and 45-70 but I can't tell if this has much bearing on the value of the rifle. So what I would like to know is, what would be the relative value for this rifle given the above condition and configuration? What price point would be considered a "great deal" for this rifle? How much influence would the date of manufacture have on the value of this rifle if any? What other things could/would influence the value of this rifle if anything? Thanks in advance for the assistance with these questions...
  2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

If the rifle has been used or fired the rarity is gone for me.... with .scope -+$1500