Price Point Range for Used Browning 1885 in 7mm Rem Mag

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Biggcary, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Biggcary

Biggcary Copper BB

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Browning 1885 High Wall in 7mm Rem Mag from a friend of a friend. I do not have the serial # for this rifle so I can't date it but I was told it was a Miroku manufactured rifle that is probably from the mid/late 90's. The condition of this rifle is supposed to be around 90%+ with only a few minor handling marks/dents in the stock and there has not been a lot of rounds shot through it so the barrel and action are all in great shape. It has a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12 x 40mm scope mounted on it and none of the original boxing or documents with it. I do not have a lot of knowledge about this particular rifle other than what I have researched online and I am having a hard time finding comparable sales for this particular model and caliber on the various gun auction and gun classified add sites. From what I have read, this particular model rifle in 7mm Rem Mag may be somewhat harder to find than other calibers such as 30.06 and 45-70 but I can't tell if this has much bearing on the value of the rifle. So what I would like to know is, what would be the relative value for this rifle given the above condition and configuration? What price point would be considered a "great deal" for this rifle? How much influence would the date of manufacture have on the value of this rifle if any? What other things could/would influence the value of this rifle if anything? Thanks in advance for the assistance with these questions...