Posting Pictures With Imgur

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Ranger6, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Ok folks I have had some request about posting pictures. We all know the upload button on the forum does not work, so this is one way to post your pictures on this forum.
    The first thing you need to do is go to www.Imgur.com. Then you will register for an account. This will be on a laptop, but the process is similar on a phone.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Once you register and sign in you will see this:
    [​IMG]
  3. Ranger6

Don't let all the pictures scare you. I usually ignore them. If you look in the right-hand corner, you will see Ranger60(my account). Your login will show there. It will be whatever you pick when registering your account.
    Auzzie likes this.
  4. Ranger6

Click on your screen name and you will get a drop-down menu like this:
    [​IMG]
  5. Ranger6

You will scroll down to images and click on that. You will see this: This is all of your pictures that you have on your Imgur account.
    [​IMG]
  6. Ranger6

Then you can select a picture you want to post to the forum. When you move the mouse over a picture the box around that picture will show green. If I wanted to post a picture of the pocket screwdriver, I would click on it, and you will see this:

[​IMG]
  7. Ranger6

Then this box will open up and you want to pick the BB code one:
    [​IMG]
  8. Ranger6

Now the link has been copied, but you won't see anything until you right click inside the message box on the forum. If you want to type anything before the picture then type your message and then skip a line or two. Right click and paste the link.
  9. Ranger6

You will see this:

[​IMG]
  10. Ranger6

Finally, it will look like this:

[​IMG]
  11. Ranger6

Now you need to click on the "post reply" button on the forum page. If you do not hit post, your picture will not show up. If you post a picture here on the forum and delete it from your Imgur account, it will delete it on the forum also. Then a black box will show on the forum and say no longer available.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  12. Ranger6

I will post another thread using the I phone tomorrow. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thanks, Ranger6
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

That’s not how I do it, but if works for you, great!
  14. Ranger6

Well, how do you do it? I'm sure there is more than one way to skin this cat, maybe your way is better than mine, but since you opened the door, I'm sure you will share, won't you?
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I hit “Copy Link” , then come back here and paste it into the window that opens when I hit the picture icon.
    [​IMG]
  16. Ranger6

Ok that works, I use to do it that way, then it stopped working. I just seen the "sizes" caption at the bottom of the Imgur link page. Not sure how I missed that on my laptop, but at work right now on desktop, so maybe that's why, or I just missed it more likely. Do you pick the BBcode link or Imgur?
  17. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I quit using my mainframe back when the company issued us iPads. The links are different on those, or maybe it’s because I use the app. But like I said, I choose Copy Link from the options I get.

And it still works for me.
  18. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

I don't do Apple products so this process is for Windows 11 (what I use). Find a picture (or Meme) or steal one from another site. Cursor over the picture, right click your mouse click copy picture. Go to the area you usually use to respond to posts click reply, on your keyboard ctrl + V

upload_2023-7-24_13-39-5.png
    Ranger6 likes this.