Post your favorite Auto 5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Nov 24, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

After seeing a few more of Marc’s beautiful guns I got to thinking. I would like to see what Auto 5 is your favorite from your collection.

Mine isn’t anything special but I shoot it so well that it is my favorite. It seems to be balanced perfectly too.

1939 16 gauge
    [​IMG]
    Same gun different furniture on it
    [​IMG]
    antman73 likes this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

My favorite to shoot is my 1965 Light Twelve. Nothing special about it, it’s just as reliable as hell.
    [​IMG]

My favorite to own is the 1924 new condition 16.
    [​IMG]
    antman73 and win7stw like this.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Nice guns. That 24 is dead sexy. Do you have Jap wood on the 12?
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The forearm may be, I got it from Brownells. The original forearm is in the picture. It cracked, I fixed it but I left the new one on because I shoot it so much.
  5. antman73

antman73 .410

Really have only shot my 64 Light 12 which is on the right. How well the 25 shoots remains to be seen. The 64 has never ever not cycled perfectly. A5's side b side.jpg
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

The wood on the right forearm is gorgeous
    antman73 likes this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I think it is, the Japanese wood is a little thicker. It looks proud to me, but still a nice piece of wood
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Yes, it’s big and clunky. But, it doesn’t break.
    win7stw likes this.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I can’t wait to see Biz and Rangers favorite
  10. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Just walked in the door. May be tomorrow before I get pictures but they are coming
  11. rcatastrophe

rcatastrophe .270 WIN

Here’s my ‘73 Sweet Sixteen. I’m not sure it’s my favorite, what’s probably my favorite is a ‘61 that’s in pieces right now, waiting for USPS to deliver a rebuild kit from Art’s. Also have the forearm off and trying to refinish it based on what I’ve learned on another thread here. I’m fresh out of waiting-to-be-approved jail and just eager to post. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Biz

Biz 20g

That is a very difficult choice to make.
    For the auto-5, my favorite is at this moment my 1939 three shot
    752E1E01-AE93-4ED4-BA2A-2401DDAC901B.jpeg

But I have a soft spot for my R.A.S. I really love the Nimschke style engraving. I know it is not an auto-5 but it is very close

24467CB5-218D-4835-B651-8CF0D46ABDC8.jpeg

And my favorite non auto-5 but a Browning, this superb 1931 superposed, S.N. 482, first month of production

7D5F7B97-6B01-47EB-87AC-A69317656945.jpeg

Attached Files:

13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Marc those are beautiful guns. Super jealous of the 3 shot and the Superposed
  14. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Ok here is my favorite. She has been hunted hard and will get restored at some point. Too many projects, but dropped one off today so it’s getting closer

Attached Files:

antman73 and win7stw like this.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

My favorite of all is a Winchester 9422M that my grandpa gave me before he passed. We shot the shit out of gophers together with that gun
  16. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Rob I’m super jealous of that gun too. I wish I could have made it to the gun club when I was down there. It would have been a blast to shoot that thing
  17. Ranger6

It’s way to short for me but it’s still fun to shoot a almost 112 year old A5. And I’m sure you will be back this way. My offer always stands
  18. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Has it been shortened?

If COVID ever ends I’m supposed to go to Houston for two weeks for training. I’d for sure be able to shoot with you then
  19. Ranger6

Sounds good. Not sure, it’s doesn’t look to have been cut but who knows. Either way it will be fixed so I can use it. With these old guns you just never know what someone has done. Damn shame people butcher them.
  20. Biz

Biz 20g

Ranger,
    It is a first year 16 gauge? The checkering seems very good.