Ponsness and Spolar

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Auzzie, May 8, 2021.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Are Ponsness and Spolar up and going concerns still with Covid etc. I have tried contacting both recently and not getting any returns. Have dealt with both in the past no problems and they were always super prompt getting back and organizing international orders for parts etc. Just seems out of character and I want to get some bits underway.
    Any feedback to whether they have suspended trading or are focusing elsewhere would be appreciated.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Auzzie:
    Think it depends on where they are located, lots of places are having trouble getting people to come back to work. I would give them some time, maybe email would be the fastest. It may take some time for them to get back in full swing.
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Thanks Ranger. I was trying to get an idea of how things are really situated over your side and how much impact Covid has really had on business and how close things are to getting back to normal. We have somewhat escaped all the major Covid issues by being such an isolated continent so our idea of bad is not much. Reality via TV media is bit hard and distorted . First hand feedback from people like yourself much better source as to whats going on. Ponsness are in Boise Idaho and Spolar California. I just can't believe how nuts things have gone gun wise for prices and parts in US.
    Been trying to get couple of basic spare parts for my Rem 1100 and what was 10$ for a spring is now 100$ and sold out.
    I have dealt with J& P springs in Florida bit before and noticed they have suspended international orders as well till further notice.
    Regardless hope thing get better for all your side.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yes sir, I’m old school so what most people freak about is normal operating procedure for me. If you don’t like something just wait and it will change. Some places are worse then others, most is going on how many people got the vaccine. A bunch of people are now refusing to get it so time will tell. Pretty much all prices are going up, seems to be a big problem with truck drivers now. Not enough. I know here in Texas, they are offering 14,000 a week to drive truck. Yes that’s the correct amount of zeros. If there is anything I can help out with as far as shipping give me a shout.
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Nice offer for assistance with parts. Appreciate that. I will come a calling if I get stuck. Offer is reciprocated any time. Doubt if anything here is actually appealing though as all the goodies are in your back yard.
    Seeing your a reloader of significance have you ever seen any of the Down Under Bikini Babe Series of cartridge boxes?
    Do some research you will get a laugh.