Pleasant surprise! Hi Power and P45 holster.

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by In The Ten Ring, Jan 24, 2018.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

So my new (longer) belt from High Noon Holsters came in today so I can get back to carrying my Kahr P45. However, I noticed my Mitch Rosen Express Line Thumbreak holster collapses a bit during the draw slowing things down and reholstering definitely takes two hands.

However, when I slip my Mark II Isreali-marked Hi Power into the holster and draw....the draw is not slowed down at all by the collapsing holster. Reholstering is a bit easier too.

The Kahr P45 is a very "blocky" design with a uniformly shaped slide but the Hi Power's slide tapers towards the muzzle......I assume it's this taper that is making things easier.

I had been planning to get back to carrying the Kahr this week but I think, instead, I'll carry my Israeli Hi Power. Even the thumb break works fine with cocked and locked. I do need a spare mag carrier though, I might order one tonight.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

My only comment is that I own two High Noon Holsters...one for my Colt Gold Cup National Match and one for my Glock 30SF...and both are functional as well as rugged.

I also own a Mitch Rosen for my S&W Model 629...again, a premium holster that has worked for decades.
  3. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

I like High Noon Holster belts (cowhide) although cowhide scratches easily. I like their mag carriers also. I have their Slide Guard for my 1911 but it rides much too high. It seems most holsters are high ride but I want something lower.....draws are much less awkward.

High Noon has excellent customer service by the way.

I have decided to give Andrews Leather a call and see if he can make me a thumb break holster that mimics my Mitch Rosen design but that won't collapse. His holsters seem to be high ride also but hopefully he can copy how low Mitch Rosen holsters ride the belt. I may bite the bullet and have him make it out of gator or spinal stingray although I know that will get into the $500.00 range. :eek: :oops:

*The good thing with exotic skins, they are super tough and don't scratch like cowhide does.

I like thumb break in case I need to lose the jacket and yet have something resembling retention. I also believe a thumb break holster makes one look like an off-duty cop. I don't go about trying to mimic a police officer but if the bad guy thinks I'm one, that can play to my advantage.

*I once gave a ride to a guy on the interstate that clearly thought I was an off-duty deputy (I dress semi-professional and had my Kahr in the Mitch Rosen thumb break). He immediately said "I want you to know I have done time for drugs" and started throwing down names of local cops he knew, including the sheriff. Now I never said I was a cop but I let him believe what he wanted. He turned out to be a very courteous and well-behaved hitch hiker. :)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.