Orvis customer service

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by Rob poston, May 24, 2017.

1. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Friends, listen to this.
    Okay, so a few week ago, I picked up an Orvis Uplander Special 12 gauge over and under shotgun made by Caesar Guerini. The gun store that I dealt with said that it came with a case, but when it arrived, there was no case, just a cardboard box. I called the dealer, who said that this was just a mistake in communication, and that it did not have a case. Still, he said he would take care of it. He asked me to contact Orvis and see what case was supposed to come with the Orvis CG. I did, and the guy at the Orvis fine gun room said that they had one left, and it was on clearance for $159.00, down from $500! Well, the gun dealer paid for the case, and it arrived last week. Beautiful case, but unfortunately, it was designed for a side by side, not an over and under. The barrels did not quite fit.
    I contacted Orvis again, who found another hard case that he personally test fitted with a Caesar Guerini O/U to confirm fitment. He then sent pictures of the case, and asked me if I liked it. I responded that I did, and asked how much it was. He told me not to worry about it, and that he was sending me the case free of charge. I offered to take the side by side case to my local Orvis, but he refused, saying to keep it as a way of thanking me for my business and to apologize for the inconvenience!

Guys, THIS is just one of the reasons why I LOVE Orvis!!! Customer service is not dead in 2017... you just have to know where to look. Gladwin Gun Vault and Orvis, way to step it up!
    I just had to post this experience up and give credit where credit is due.
    SHOOTER13 and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome Customer Service IMHO...
    Rob poston likes this.
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Most definitely! And that just encourages me to spend more of my money again with them, too. Companies, take note.