On a roll here....Hi Power.

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by In The Ten Ring, Jan 25, 2018.

1. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

So, time for some updates.

I found another alloy-framed HP Mark III on Gunbroker and won the bidding on it. It's supposed to come with five 13 round mags and Hogue grips. Yes I paid more than what Ohio Ordnance had them for back when I bought two but it's still less than what they'll be going for all-too-soon!

I just now bought a 15 round Mec Gar mag and (drum roll) a Crimson Trace laser grip for the HP.

So, what is left?

1). To carry one of my all-steel HP's: just getting a holster that will work with the laser grip. Mitch Rosen makes an open top version but I don't want an open top, I want something with a slide guard (against the body). I may have to get a custom holster made.

2). I could carry a steel framed HP without the laser grip in the Mitch Rosen thumb break made for the Kahr 45 (it works perfectly in that holster).

3). Send the worst-looking of the three HP's off to C&S or Novak for some custom work.

4). Buy a double stack single mag carrier from someone, I am leaning towards High Noon Holsters but may go with Andrews Leather.

I will give you guys an update as soon as I have more info.
  2. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

HOLD THE PHONE!

I just realized something. The Mitch Rosen holster for my Kahr....I think it will fit a HP with Crimson Trace laser grips installed! There seems to be enough space inside the thumb break for it. I will certainly give it a try.

If so, I will be carrying a Hi Power this winter after all! :cool:

And later, once I have more funds, I can check and see if Mr. Andrews can custom make a holster for the HP intended for it as I don't like the front 1 & 1/2 inches of the muzzle sticking out of the Mitch Rosen. I think I'll go for an exotic skin so the man has more "skin in the game."
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Damn Ten...what shift do you work !?
  4. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

:p

Believe me, I don't want to have to be up all night every night but my options are limited. On the plus side, I do my best thinking late at night.

CRAP! OOW got in more alloy-framed Hi Powers (emailed me 3 hours ago) but those are already sold out. "We might have more coming in but we don't know when."

Lacking a smartphone, I can't read these emails very quickly. 3 hours ago (noon) I was sleeping very soundly......
    SHOOTER13 likes this.