Novak P-35 Custom

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by B0308, Jun 30, 2017.

1. B0308

B0308 .22LR

Hi All,

New member here, but long time Browning owner and user. Back in the 1970's I got my first Challenger and later a Hi-Power. I had the sense to keep the .22 but sold the 9mm. Regretted it soon after.

I have had a good relationship with Wayne Novak of Novak Sights for about a decade and we have done a lot of business. Last year I finally went in search of a replacement for the Hi-Power and Wayne helped me out. Rather than recreate the Belgium made P35 I sold, stock with minimal sights, we came up with a pretty much full house, current production Hi-Power with tuned trigger and exactor and Novak rear sight and gold dot front, as well as a great set of Spegel grips. With Milt Sparks leather it's a pleasure to shoot and carry.

Thanks, stay safe

P35_Novak.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. Nicely done, B.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That IS a fine looking P35...
  4. B0308

B0308 .22LR

Thanks, it shoots even better than it looks !:D
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. Great looking iron, you have there,
    Steve
  6. Very nice. Congrats.
  7. B0308

B0308 .22LR

Thanks Gents,

It is a great piece of craftsmanship, from the factory through Wayne Novak's shop. I'm happy to own and shoot it.
  8. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Truly gorgeous weapon, I love the deep blue. Wow so you carry this? How often? Is it "daily carry" for you?
  9. B0308

B0308 .22LR

Ten Ring,

I've carried it, the Milt Sparks rig was new in the photo above, but not everyday carry, as I have guns I care much less about for that role :cool:.
    However, I would be well served by the P35, should the situation arise.
  10. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Oh ya, I have read "never carry some expensive gun."

I want to carry an HP though and fortunately, I have more than one alloy version. I think I'll carry it during the colder months of the year, using the Kahr 45 and .38's during the summer.

I don't really like IWB though....even when I was skinny and carried a compact Kahr.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018