No double-auto forum

Discussion in 'Browning Owners Site Support' started by racecannon, Sep 11, 2017.

1. racecannon

racecannon New Member

I just noticed this... why no double auto forum? Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Please specify...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 Well-Known Member

The Browning Double Auto is a unique, Short Recoil semi auto designed by Val Browning. Instead of a magazine, the second shell sits in the loading port on the left side of the receiver.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

Thank God You're Here My Friend...!!

Not that I'm an expert...but I never even heard of that concept.

I did know Val was John Moses Browning's Son...I have a few pics of him in uniform with a BAR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  5. Rudolph31

Great shots, Shooter. And if you're talking about Short Recoil, I guarantee you've heard of it. Just about every pistol that's not blow back operated uses it. But the DA is the only long arm that I've ever heard of that does.
  6. SHOOTER13

Not the "short recoil"....the gun design as is constructed...with the port as stated.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  7. Rudolph31

Like I said, it's unique. It was also the gun that introduced Speed Load. The first shell in the loading port gets whisked into the chamber and the bolt slams closed, ready to fire. Early guns had steel receivers but most have aluminum-- anodized in different colors, Forest Green being one. The silver gun is mine, currently at Art's having the stock re-done.
  8. SHOOTER13

Yea...pretty cool. Since I have you here...

How old is the gun shown above...and when was it discontinued from the production line.
  9. Rudolph31

10. b igjedd1

b igjedd1 Member

I take it the purpose for this concept would be designed for clay shooting being only 2 shots.
  11. Rudolph31

I think that was the idea. But it's a light gun with a slim fore end, and it loads fast -- once you get used to doing it left handed. I think a lot of guys use theirs for hunting.