New to forum just purchased cmp 380

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Trent’s 380, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Trent’s 380

Trent’s 380 Copper BB

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I recently purchased a Black Label Medallion engraved. I am not new to being a multiple Browning owner but I am new to their .380.
    The model I purchased nightsights were not an available option, so I contacted browning trying to buy them as an accessory going back-and-forth yes you can buy them but they’re out of stock I find out you cannot buy them they’re not an option that Browning sells and nobody but nobody manufactures a nightsight for this gun Trijicon,TruGlo nobody.
    So here’s the question Browning corporate tells me to contact Amerigun so I sent pictures of the sites that are on the gun they can customize those existing sites by inserting Trijicon tritium inserts
    Does anybody have any experience with doing it this way or has anybody heard anything through any of the nightsight manufacturers doing anything for our models?
    Browning corporate claims they sell these things in major quantities so how the hell is it possible nobody has night sites
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome to the forum, Trent. I can’t answer your question, but personally I’d give Brownell’s a call. They have damn near everything. Maybe not Browning night sights, but something that will fit your Browning.

https://www.brownells.com/
  3. Tim Lange

Tim Lange .22LR

I got my Black Label Medallion with night sights. I had to call Browning to locate a dealer that could get/have the gun. There were only two in the country! Mine came from Walker, MN to Indiana. Their first shipment came straight to my house, not my FFL. Told the guys at the store this and thought they would have a heart attack! Then I told them it was not a gun, but a vest I did not order. The gun arrived at my FFL a couple days later. All good since then.
  4. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

Save yourself time, money and a lot of grief and buy a small vial of GlowOn paint. Clean the sights well with 90% isopropyl alcohol and then follow the directions for applying the paint. I use a thin, flat wood toothpick rather than the larger stick which comes with the paint, and put on 3 coats (drops for very small areas of sights), letting each one dry for a few hours before adding the next one. Let the final coat dry for at least 24 hours and the protect it with clear nail polish.

NOW, if you expose those sights to light, as in set the gun under a table lamb for a couple hours, or shine a small bright SD flashlight on them for 5 to 7 minutes -- you will have night sights that are brighter than tritium ones and that glow all night.

I have "real" night sights on some guns and GlowOn paint on some. The GlowOn is brighter. My Glock 42 is six years old and the GlowOn paint is as stable AND as bright as when I first applied it. It also makes for super bright sight dots when you are shooting outside!

ETA: I very highly doubt that Browning is selling their 1911-22 or 1911-30 guns in great quantities! If they were, there WOULD be aftermarket parts. There are virtually none. My 1911-22 came with hi viz front sight. I paid a lot extra for that model. It is all but useless since I ignore the dots on all of my sights and use the tops of the sights to line up my sight picture! That was not bright of me to waste money by paying so much extra. But it's a good looking gun.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  5. Trent’s 380

Trent’s 380 Copper BB

Appreciate your suggestion Granny, thank you.

Has anyone out there used Tooltech gunsights?
    You send them your slide and they machine it for them to install Trijicon for $295
    Pricey and from the pics the rear sight looks jacked up way high to make this work
  6. Alpha1

Alpha1 .410

Go to Nitesiter. They make dots, I use the 1/16 dish dot in phosphorscent yellow. Take a bit of patience to get them on where you want them, but oner you are there press, and then clear coat with clear nail polish. Wipe contact area first with alcohol. Three dots, two either side of the rear sight on one up front. I have used these for many years and have never had one come off, and I shoot a lot. These dots are 95% as good as the super sights on my Sig P238.