New sights for 380?

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by wkrp4me, Aug 23, 2022.

1. wkrp4me

wkrp4me Guest

I’m a newbie here and I have seen this question asked on some old posts, but never any really sucessful solutions offered. The basic black gun has basic black sights. Have anyone found white dot or night sights that can be adapted to replace the sights. I could live with the black plastic rear if I could mount a nice white dot, or brass bead (ala many old Browning shotguns), or a big dot night sight on the front.

Since the people who were commenting on this issue in previous posts seem to be inactive now, I’m hoping some newer 380 owners may have tried to deal with this issue and are willing to share your experiences.
  2. Alpha1

Alpha1 .410

I use 1/16 inch dots available from Nitesiters.com. They have glow in the dark capability. I have used them on several guns over the years. Use a pointed blade Exacto to locate the dot and then press. I use the yellow dots. When done coat with clear nail polish. Take some patience placing the dots but it is worth it. It is the first thing I do when I buy a gun with black sights.
  3. wkrp4me

wkrp4me Guest

Thanks for the reply Alpha 1.
    I own the pro size with white dots sights and like it a lot. I can get by with that set up. I am considering buying the black compact for EDC and your suggestion looks like a very good solution to my concern. I just checked the web site you noted and I’m going to order what I need for a test run on an existing revolver to see what it does for that gun. Again, thanks a lot for your help. I’ll post what I think with photos when I get it up and running.