Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Robert Jones, May 11, 2023.

1. Robert Jones

Robert Jones Copper BB

Hi, Name is Rob from UK, I have a 12 Gauge Superposed 1938. New 525. and just purchased a 12 Gauge Auto 5 the gold trigger version made in Belgium Serial Number A 78166, it is not a lightweight alloy version, am trying to date it but have no luck so far. I am a Clay and Game shooter.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, some pictures would be great. See post about pictures if you have issues. If you need help let me know.
  3. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho and formerly from the south side of Chicago says Hi and welcome! A great gaggle of people here, zero drama, and tonnes of information. Again, welcome and buy another safe now.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Hello and welcome.

It sounds like you have a Light Twelve, but dating it from the serial number will be next to impossible.

Sometime after WWII, serial numbers changed from the simple sequential system for the guns imported by Browning Arms. Later, World Market guns changed also — to a separate system. Most of our reference material deals with Browning’s system. Even so, I’ve never heard of a 12 gauge with an A prefix to the serial number anywhere.

Your best bet is to check the date code on the barrel. And don’t forget to post pictures.
  5. Robert Jones

Robert Jones Copper BB

Two pictures of my A5, I have two barrels for it, will have to check codes on them. If only I could figure out how to post pictures
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, some pictures would be great. See post about pictures if you have issues. If you need help let me know.
  7. Robert Jones

Robert Jones Copper BB

It says I do not have permission to upload a file ????
  8. Ranger6

9. Robert Jones

Robert Jones Copper BB

10. Ranger6

Posted for member Mr. Jones:
    [​IMG]
  11. Ranger6

12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Square knob puts it at 1967 or later, but that serial number is a puzzle. The world market guns I’ve seen had a 2-digit year prefix to the serial number, in smaller font.

We will need to see the date code on the barrel. We’re looking for a letter, like the h in this example:
    [​IMG]
  13. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Welcome to our house from CA (Central Alabama) -- enjoy your tour.