New Browning A5 won't eject

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Scbuckhunter, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Scbuckhunter

Scbuckhunter Copper BB

My kid got a new a5 for Christmas this morning and it will not cycle at all it shoots 3s and 3.5 good but 2 3/4 suck. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed in the performance of this gun. I cleaned it and lightly oiled it per instructions . My boy had been looking forward to this for a while and all I can say is we got a real expensive single shot at the moment. Has anyone got any suggestions.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’m just casually familiar with the new “A5”, but since nobody else has answered I’ll take a stab at it.

The Owners Manual say all 3 1/2” chambered guns will cycle all 2 3/4” shells so long as they are at least 1 1/8oz. Maybe you need to go to a faster shell. Or maybe the gun will cycle your shells after it’s broken in.

Doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the gun. We are asking a lot of a shotgun to cycle everything from light target loads to the heaviest magnums.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. Dux-R-Us

Dux-R-Us .22LR

I could not agree more. Perhaps it is a symptom of our instant gratification-want it now-do anything I want society. I meet people all the time on the skeet field whose modern magnum duck guns won't cycle and they think the gun is broken.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

1300 FPS see if it works. What kind of lubricant is on it( inside)?