New A5 bolt stays open?

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Doug Lykins, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Doug Lykins

Doug Lykins Copper BB

Anyone else had this issue with the inertia A5? It will occasionally eject a shell and stay open even though there is another round being cycled up from the magazine. I’ve cleaned and lubed but it still does this once or twice through a box of shells. Any ideas?
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You might try changing ammo.
  3. Doug Lykins

Doug Lykins Copper BB

I did that. Does the same thing with Win, Fed, or Fiocchi, all 1 1/8 oz, 1150-1275 FPS. This is a 12 gauge, 3” chamber so Iwould think it would cycle 1 1/8 oz. My other A5, a Sweet 16, has never had this problem.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve no experience with the new gun. However, in the old version, the rim of the next shell tripped the Carrier Latch. A weak magazine spring might make it do that, particularly on the last shot.
  5. Doug Lykins

Doug Lykins Copper BB

I’m starting to think it is an issue with the bolt latch in front of the trigger. The latch on my 12 gauge,(the gun with the problem), is a lot looser than on my 16. I guess it’s off to Arnold for Browning to fix. I hate to tie the gun up for 6-8 weeks which I hear is the turnaround for repairs.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Good luck.