New 1911-22 owner, Sights

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by BReeves, Jun 2, 2016.

1. BReeves

BReeves Copper BB

Had a Chiappa 1911-22 that I never was happy with. Tried everything to make it run bulk ammo, finally gave up and sold it. Had heard about the Browning 1911-22 when it first came out but wasn't able to buy one until now. Took my new toy out to my back yard range this morning and think I'm in love. The wife was shooting her 10-22 at 25 yards so I decided to just play beside her at the 25 yard marker

Only ran 4 mags through it all with Federal value pack 550 ammo. Not only did it function perfectly I hit a soda pop can twice in a row at 25 yards with the first magazine. I couldn't believe it, never hit anything with a pistol at 25 yards before. I was using a bench but still surprised the heck out of me. When I get time I'll set up some paper at a reasonable range and see what it really does with different ammo.

The smaller size doesn't bother me at all, in fact that is one of the things I really like about the gun. The trigger ain't bad but could be improved. The small sights are a bear with my old tired eyes and about the only thing I might change. Great little 22 and no regrets at all about spending the money.

I went to the Truglo web site and sent them a message basically asking if they might produce a set of fiber optic sights for the little browning. If they get enough requests just maybe. I have them on my Hi-Power and would really love to have them on my 1911-22. Wouldn't this be nice on your Browning...

Attached Files:

SHOOTER13 and David Wolfe like this.
  2. Plinkerallen9

Plinkerallen9 Copper BB

It would be nice indeed. But this pistol does not seem too popular so I doubt it. I painted the front sight white and put two white dots on the rear. Made a huge difference for my old eyes.

Attached Files:

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. Dan Carey

Dan Carey .22LR

I also used white paint on my sights. Flat white Testor's model paint. It made a big difference. Next, I'll probably
    enlarge the opening in the rear sight just a bit.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Dan Carey

Dan Carey .22LR

I dabbed a bit of fluorescent red on top of the flat white, opened up the rear sight notch a bit, and now it's much better. I do wish someone would make sights for this little gem!
  5. Tim Lange

Tim Lange .22LR

I have the 1911-380 with night sights. I have used it on indoor ranges and outdoors in full sunlight. Both have been fine for me. I dry fire it inside in low enough light that I can see the sights glow. In a completely dark house I can see the sights without any issue (nothing else though!)
  6. Dan Carey

Dan Carey .22LR

Can't get those for the 22 version...:(
  7. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

I bought the 1911-2 that comes with the fiber optic sights. I do not find them to be helpful at all and wish I had paid less for the model with the 3 dot sights. I really don't use the dots anyway, whether they are bright and shiny or plain white, but I understand that at leas the 3 dot sights are larger than the teeny ones that come on the plain models.