My type 3 has finally arrived

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Yes Biz black chrome certainly exists. Product of the 60’s and Aerospace industry of which FN was right into at the time.
    So guess they could certainly have tried on barrels.
    It is lot more grainy than a bumper finish. It has to be a triple coat with copper and nickel and the chrome itself alloyed to get the desired black , depth and sheen. It would have been expensive and high tech for the time.
  2. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Sorry that you Australians went through such a thing. I believe the US would have a 2nd civil war over such a thing I would deeply regret leaving the planet that way.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

What a nightmare. Jta5er is right. Similar moves by the democrats could drive us to revolution.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

I won’t hijack Biz post anymore but will put something in the political area on forum here in future. Then we can all have a good discussion.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Look at page 81 of S&V it has a serial number example. SAC 4 2277. Indicates a Super Allege Chrome Type 4 engraving pattern
  6. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner .22LR

Biz,

Finally got cut loose to post.

I know you were relieved to see that package!!

Good deal,

Will
  7. Biz

Biz 20g

yes I was relieved and I was afraid to open the package. Was the gun all rusty or did someone tamper with it.