My impression of my new 1911 380.

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Scott Seibert, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Scott Seibert

Scott Seibert Copper BB

I am not a big gun guy but have owned a number of hand guns and rifles over the years. When we sold our stix and brix about 6 years ago and started to live full-time in our motor-home, I sold all of my firearms and purchased a Ruger SP-101 revolver and a Marlin 1894 lever actioin rifle as my personal protection firearms. Both chambered for 38 Spec and 357 Magnum. I have been carrying my Ruger from time to time, as we travel, and determined that it was too big and too heavy for everyday carry. A few weeks ago, as we were sitting around a pick nick table, a friend pulled out his Black Label Medallion Pro and upon holding it I decided that I had to have one. Just felt great in my hand.

It arrived last week and have put about 350 rounds through her so far. Have shot all kinds of ammo through her and have no complaints. I would like to say that my groupings were within a 3" circle at any distance at the range, but I hit the target pretty much where I wanted. During those 2 range visits I had a couple of FTF and 1 FTE. All in all a pretty good showing.

I find the pistol lovely to hold and shoots very smooth. I think it is more accurate than I am capable of shooting. When I get some more rounds through her I hope she will become my EDC.

For the last 6 to 8 months I have been bouncing around the small Rugers, Kimbers, Sigs and every other firearm manufacturer in that Compact/Subcompact class in 380 as well as 9mm and decided on the Black Label. Then it was just a matter of deciding which model I wanted and how much it would cost. I did spend more than I wanted to pay. Just a hair under $600. Also purchased a couple of extra mags so I will have 4.

Just wanted to thank this forum membership for sharing their experiences with their small caliber sidearms - both positive and negative.

BTW - I did research the heck out of this purchase and spent a fair bit of time with a great Tech at Browning regarding all of the positive and negative reports on this weapon.

Thanks again y'all. :-D
  2. Flintknapper

Flintknapper .22LR

I like the pistol but very much dislike the fact that there is pretty much no aftermarket support for it (at present) and except for springs, magazines and maybe sights....you can't get anything from Browning either. You have to send the pistol in for most replacement parts.