Missing Parts List for AB3

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Frank Kalisz, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Frank Kalisz

Frank Kalisz Copper BB

The browning.com site has a lot of nice parts lists and schematic diagrams for many of their products but not for AB3. Owners Manual for AB3 says there is a parts list on browning.com website but I cannot find it.

Been frustrated as I’d been trying to contact browning technical service but they have been less than helpful to date. They say they will not provide AB3 schematic diagram for “liability” reasons and it seems they will not provide any parts list at all. Am not sure what they mean by “liability” because I just want same for AB3 as they have already posted for many of their other products.

I am concerned that their technical service might be a dead end for me. Does anyone have a point-of-contact with whom I can elevate this issue in Browning organization?
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Frank Kalisz likes this.
  3. Frank Kalisz

Frank Kalisz Copper BB

I just received a note from Browning advising they will provide a schematic and parts list in a couple days. That would work for me because I am otherwise very pleased with my AB3 rifle.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. Frank Kalisz

Frank Kalisz Copper BB

Regarding the devices for sale on Midway, I already have the Browning 1-inch integrated scope rings and they are a really great product - they fit my Leupold VX3i 2.5-8 scope and it holds zero perfectly. The other things they have like Limbsaver butt stock pads are something I’ll never need because my rifle in 308win doesn’t have much perceptible recoil - I credit the rifle design for that.

What I am looking from Browning is an internal parts list and schematic diagram. I certainly hope I’ll never need any internal parts replaced but I consider that information a necessity in case something goes wrong.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  5. Frank Kalisz

Frank Kalisz Copper BB

I need to followup on my “Missing Parts List” thread from last year on AB3 model firearm. Although a customer rep with Browning/Winchester promised at the time to send me a parts list, that never happened and it seems they still refuse to do so. I find that so frustrating because Browning website has parts list diagrams in pdf format for all their other models (like X-bolt and older A-bolts).

So if any of you have access to a parts list diagram for the AB3 model - I would be beyond grateful for a copy.
  6. Bill Stevens

Bill Stevens Copper BB

I was recently needing parts for my AB3 as I dropped my rifle from top of a tree stand and busted the composite stock in half. With no help from browning btw, I couldn’t find a schematic for parts either.
    I found great parts for the AB3 at Midwest Gunworks. Digging deep I found a schematic at “spare parts.browning.eu”. The numbers there match Midwest exactly. Check it out. Bill
  7. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Would this be the photo:
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  8. Frank Kalisz

Frank Kalisz Copper BB

Thank you, Bill! I’ll have to check that out!
    I also discovered the Midwest Gun Works where I got some extra springs and bushings for the bolt just in case I need them some day.
    And speaking of the AB3 Bolt - it disassembles very similar to a Tikka T3 bolt for which there are very good YouTube videos. Contact me if anyone needs help on that.
    And I also replaced my plastic stock for a very nice laminated Boyds stock. It actually fit pretty well but perfectionist bug made me do epoxy bedding. Be careful with putty masking if you bed an AB3 because trigger design requires it to be in place during bedding process. Also contact me if anyone needs help with that.
    And I eventually changed my original squinty Leupold scope with a much nicer Tract Toric 2-10x42 which is perfect for hunting with my 308. I have several scopes from Tract now and I recommend them highly.
    Have a good one!!!
    Frank
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  9. Bill Stevens

Bill Stevens Copper BB

That’s it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2023
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  10. Bill Stevens

Bill Stevens Copper BB

Got my trigger parts, base plate and stock from MW.
    Frank Kalisz and Ranger6 like this.
  11. Frank Kalisz

Frank Kalisz Copper BB

Thank you for the awesome link!!!! It’s the main thing I asked from Browning/Winchester - which they never gave to me.
    https://spareparts.browning.eu/
    Have a good one!!!!!