Lovex Powder

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Auzzie, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Anybody out there had anything to do with Lovex Powder? Comes from Czech Republic. Possibly branded Shooters World. DO32. SO 15 , SO 30 all shotgun powders
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I know of shooters world powder, seems I remember it called lovex. Pre Covid it was cheaper then anything. Looked at some load data, no much really and it was 12 ga. Seems like it has went up in price now. I passed on it then and not really interested now, but if that’s all you can get then it will work. I have some load data somewhere if you need it.
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Yeah looks like somebody may have negotiated a deal with explosia Czech Rep to start import some quantity of powder. Early days yet and may all fall over who knows.
    I looked at data and there is potential.
    Been completely starved of anything since pre covid and running out , so hope of something better than nothing.
    Man I have resorted to all and any means of scrounging and recycling like my avatar mate to get by. I even ran some Nobles 60 that was older than me and still went bang!
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Man I sure hope you start seeing some supplies. I know it’s hit and miss here, so I can only imagine the hell your going through. That old powder has never let me down. I use to find good deals on old powder, but since the shortage these idiots think there 50 year old powder is worth todays prices and I’m just not gonna fall for that. This is still good.

Attached Files:

5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

That’s bloody old powder. Guess that be from the late 50s .
    I remember reading some history that AL 5 was powder for putting in the first ever reloadable hulls and components that Alcan marketed in their war against Winchester and Remington. Al
    Luigic of the gun fame (can’t remember correct spelling) made and designed the first ever single stage Press for them to do it. That was huge step from using individual tools . That gave him his start.
    An amazing time. Think Arnold Reigger was their Pro Shooter demonstrator. An unbelieveable talented clay shooter and record maker.
  6. Ranger6

Yes sir, you know me I like all this old stuff. Think I was born 50 years to late. I still have some old Alcan 16 ga papers that are brand new. I have been looking for some pinfire cases, sure would like to shoot some of those.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Oh yes they were the golden times that’s for sure. I have a good collection of shotshells (instead of stamps)that was passed down the family and I have added to over my life. There is some good weird and old stuff in it.

Back on powder. I have witnessed some weird behaviour of stuff I am using related to humidity. Obvious why they stopped making the APS350 .
    You can load shells at say 80% humidity and work fine beautiful. If you load on a rainy day or evenings around 90% mark or more they are terrible and inconsistent even at a later date.
    Things loaded couple months back in summer were fineare sketchy now in winter depending how hot the day gets.
    I was doing my head in trying to work out what the hell was happening as I was doing absolutely nothing different and using exact same components and powder.
    It is obviously that dam hydroscopic and temperature fussy to the point where I have to load couple hrs before using to get any satisfaction.
    No wonder it’s discontinued line. You have to think how a firm that makes really good stuff and pride itself for 50years suddenly decide to change for the better and get it so so wrong. Reminds you of Boeing
  8. Ranger6

Thats pretty crazy for sure. Don't think I would want to load that crap. If it's all you got, then you're stuck like chuck. Powder seems to be showing up a little more over here now, so maybe soon you will start to see it.
  9. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Copper BB

SW is working to play catch up on the data. Early on it was sparse. The Lovex number was given to allow you to use that data. So far these powders for metallic's have worked out very well. I'll probably stick with some of the rifle powders after the current so-called famine is over. Shooter's World did not get off to a good start.