Longtime "Lurker" speaks up!

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by ctpete, Jan 5, 2021.

1. ctpete

ctpete Copper BB

Hello Browning owners!

I have been a member for many years but never posted. Well, that changes today.

Today I bought my second Browning in as many months. The first was a X-Bolt Stalker 26" in .308 that I put a really nice Leupold Mark 4 scope on. As it often happens, my son in Florida asked me to go shopping with him for a new bolt action rifle for a hunting trip he was taking. Instead, I told him to use my X-Bolt and see how he likes it. I sighted in the rifle at 200 yards and then let him have it for his trip. He got a nice deer on his first day. I may have some trouble getting that gun back!!

Today, I saw a X-Bolt Pro Stainless on an auction site with a 22" barrel in .308. Well they wanted a lot for it but when I checked around I couldn't find one anywhere else. So I pulled the trigger and it is now incoming. I'm not a hunter (unless I had to for survival). My interest is mainly in long range shooting 200-500 yards. From what I have researched, the slightly shorter barrel should not have a material affect on accuracy in that range.

I've been a pistol shooter all my life and now that I am retired I'm spending much more time with IDPA and enjoying that. I have also been taking two to three shooting courses each years for a while now covering both combat and defensive pistol and AR15. I love heading up to the SIG Academy in New Hampshire which is only a three hour drive from my home in CT. I've also taken Chuck Taylor courses with the American Small Arms Academy (RIP Chuck!). When I'm at my Florida home, I am a member of the OK Corral Gun Club which keeps me busy practicing for IDPA.

Well, that's my story in a nutshell. Now I have to figure out what scope to put on this new X-Bolt Pro.

More to come. Thanks for letting me introduce myself.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho says Hi and welcome. Buy another safe now.
  3. antman73

antman73 .410

Welcome from Northern New Jersey. Man is it snowing.
  4. gnappi

gnappi .22LR

Hi and welcome