Just joined, wow, look at all the spam!

Discussion in 'Browning Owners Site Support' started by Tim Lange, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Tim Lange

Tim Lange Copper BB

I just joined the other day. Wow! So much spam!

Can this be controlled and eliminated? I hardly see this on other forums.

Thanks,

Tim.
    SHOOTER13 and Toakey like this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 20g

Our moderator, Shooter the Spam Killer, is on vacation. Welcome to the site!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

It happens, once in awhile...perhaps too often.
    Otherwise this is a pretty decent forum. Just not real active
  4. Toakey

Toakey .22LR

Tim Lang, I agree. I visit this site 2X per day, but I'm going to stop visiting if this Spam keeps up.
    Hairtrigger likes this.
  5. Roan444

Roan444 .22LR

There was a fairly extensive approval process when I joined recently, which I didn't mind...I'd think these bots would have a more difficult time getting in.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Ok, if you guys see any creep up, let me or @ripjack13 know. We're working on it now. sorry about that.
    SHOOTER13 and Rudolph31 like this.
  7. Roan444

Roan444 .22LR

Nice work, thanks for your efforts!
    DHonovich likes this.
  8. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

Right on....here I am. They seem to post after we go to bed. so between the hours of 12-7am....
    I'll check in every morning and give em the hammer...

1 Hour Epic Music   Best Of Two Steps From Hell Vol. II   YouTube.png
  9. Tim Lange

Tim Lange Copper BB

Looking much better! Thanks a bunch!

Tim.
  10. ripjack13

Thank you....only 14 more pages to go through and over 1400 members to either aprove or can.
    Ha!
  11. ripjack13

ok...I'm down to 900.
    only a couple are posting now. Instead of the normal million...lol
  12. ripjack13

Ok...finally all caught up! No more spammers may enter!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

:cool:...

14. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 20g

Welcome back.
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks my friend...!!

The Wife and I departed on February 8th from JB McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst on a C-5...flew into RAF Mildenhall in the UK for a brief visit...then off to Ramstein Air Base in Germany in the same C-5 for a week stay...where we went into France on the ICE Bullet Train to see the Louve and Eiffel Tower over night...then back to Ramstein AB Germany. Visited beautiful Heidelberg and the ancient Roman city of Trier, founded in 16 BC.

From there we took a long flight on a KC-130 from Ramstein, Germany to Travis AFB in California for a taste of Napa Valley...and after some time cruising around San Francisco and Alcatraz... then off to Hickam Air Field, next to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on a C-17 for some warm weather and historical tours like the Arizona Memorial and the sub museum Bowfin. Then checked out the Diamond Head volcanic tuff cone near the eastern edge of Waikiki’s coastline.

Then from Hickam Airfield in Hawaii to McGuire in a KC-130...a 12 hour flight non-stop.

Been to most of them places before...but wanted to show the wife...got back sooner than expected...thanks to connecting flights that were available when we were told to expect days of waiting for available flights to our next chosen destinations.

Sent that PM off to all the admins about the spam problem here...almost all were sitting in the Outbox on most of the sister sites when I got back.

Looks like the "new" admin has a problem with me...no access to my mod controls. :rolleyes:

It will get sorted out...not to worry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
  16. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 20g

I sat in the cramped jump seat of a 747 for 10 hours going to Athens while my girlfriend got the last seat — in First Class. But 12 hours in the back of a cargo ship has me beat for misery. Was there any food?
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yes...a not bad boxed lunch for a nominal fee.

The worst thing was the cramped conditions on every transport except the C-17...lots of leg / move around room on that bird.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  18. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 20g

I guess I ate a lot better...
    SHOOTER13 likes this.