Identifying my Citori525

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Shahane, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Shahane

Shahane Copper BB

I just bought my first Browning Citori from a good friend who owns many many guns! I can't seem to find any information on it and was hoping to get some help and a little history on it. It's called a 525 Light Field. Serial # xxxxx MW 131. It's a 12 gauge with a 28" barrel. Beautiful shotgun!! Does that mean it was manufactured in 2004?. It was still new in the box. Never been fired. Any idea on the value as well. Thanks
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Congratulations on your new Citori. I've admired my friend's 525 for several years. Very pretty and easy to hit with. MW is the code for 2004. As for value, I found an auction on Gunbroker for a used 525 Sporting that's up to $1250. I imagine a similar condition Field model would go for less, but yours is NIB, so I'd add a couple hundred to whatever the Sporting sells for -- until you start shooting it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/701804576
  3. Shahane

Shahane Copper BB

Thank you very much! He paid 1700 for it new but he got it at Gander Mountain so he probably overpaid for it. I bought it for 1300. We've known each other a long time and he bought my son's new AR-15 sight unseen when my son had to sell it. I was wondering if I could use the extended Invector Plus chokes on it or should I ask that in a different part of the forum?
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

5. Shahane

Shahane Copper BB

Thanks very much! The one thing I didn't have was the manual!!
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
  7. Shahane

Shahane Copper BB

Thank you!!!!