Hull trimmer

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

So I have been on the search for a hull trimmer that actually works. I ordered the trim doctor from ballistic products, but have been told that it’s much to be desired, still haven’t received it yet. The next one I found was made by a person on 16 gauge forums. So I contacted him, six different emails, with no reply. One of the members on this site has one that was made by the guy on 16 forum, so I ask for some pictures.
    I started with a dowl rod and ended up with this trimmer

Attached Files:

Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Took some 2 3/4 cheddite hulls and went to work. This is after cutting them with the hull trimmer.

Attached Files:

Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Ranger6

And finally the finished product. More to follow on pattern results and if they will cycle the A5

Attached Files:

Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Too bad your Trim Doctor didn’t show up sooner, you’d appreciate your homemade tool more.
  5. Ranger6

It finally got shipped today. Guess BP is really behind. I will try it out, but the home made one is really easy to use, and works great.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Do 10 hulls with each, and post the time it took.
  7. Ranger6

Well the home made one is about 10 sec. I will let you know about the other if it every gets here
  8. Ranger6

Hey Rudolph31 got an email from brydog today. He is sending me a trimmer. Said he was having some health issues but better now.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Wow, I think you brought him back to life by making your own. Glad he’s OK.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Let me know how you like his trimmer please
  11. Ranger6

Will do. If he ever sends it. Mine that I made works great.