Howdy from Kansas

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Noturus, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Noturus

Noturus .410

I'm a retired small town Kansan. My grandpa was an avid 45/70 shooter. Back in the day he would take me out to his pastures in Southeast Kansas and we would shoot a box full at gallon cans filled with water at 50 and 100 yards. That was when I was 12 thru 16 years old. I remember it kicked like a mule but it was so rewarding and satisfying when I hit those cans!
    Such fond memories! He passed on when I was 18 and some other family member inherited his Winchester single shot. I always regretted not getting that fine weapon with the good times we had with it together. Finally I got one of my own back in the 90's. It's a Browning 1885 high wall that I just love to shoot.
    Well now I'm a grandpa and have a grandson that in a few years will be old enough to shoot so I look forward to the day!
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

:welcome:

Howdy, welcome to the club.
    Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
    Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
    Cheers!
    :cheers:
  3. Noturus

Noturus .410

I converted my 1885 several years ago to a 3 x 9 variable scope due to my eye sight going south. I needed the scope to hit my target. Now that much of my shooting days are over I am changing back to the original iron sights mostly because I am willing my prized high wall to my grandson when he's old enough and I reckon iron sights might be easier for him to adjust to the 45-70 recoil.
    I must admit the high wall looks much more appropriate with the original iron sights.