hog stalker

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by ddennie, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ddennie

ddennie .22LR

I just bought my son a new BAR shortrac hog stalker 308, We took it out on the weekend and put a box of ammo down range. What A Beauty!
    This Rifle is truely like no other!
    Has anyone else had the pleasure of shouldering one of these, and what did you think of it?
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey ddennie, welcome to the browning owners community!! unfortunately i haven't had a chance to shoot a BAR shortrac. What does the hog stalker come with thats different than the regular BAR shortrac?
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Haven't handled one as of yet...how about sharing a few pictures of it !?
  4. ddennie

ddennie .22LR

Well Billy, It comes with top and bottom rails, pistol grip and a 20" heavy barrel.
    It looks great and is a blast to shoot. Comes with a five round clip(Canada) or a ten round clip. It has a box clip which is different from my shorttrac stalker which has a hinged clip set up.
    The magazine can be released from either side.It also comes with three changeable cheek rests and three inter changeable butt plates, and you can lengthen or shorten the draw with three removable spacers.
    All in All its a real nice set up...
  5. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Wow that sounds like it comes with everything you need. What scope do you plan on using with it?
  6. ddennie

ddennie .22LR

bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 DOA 600 Bone collecter
  7. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Just got one myself last week. Very nice rifle! I'm very pleased to have varying-height comb pieces, and the cast-off/cast-on adjuster shims are very welcome as well!

I plan to use mine in precision rifle matches here, once I get the scope mount issue corrected (I have ~9 mils/~30 MOA of windage dialed in right now).
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Let's see some pictures gentlemen...!!