Hit with shell casing

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by Plinkerallen9, May 30, 2017.

1. Plinkerallen9

Plinkerallen9 Copper BB

I have a 1911A, not compact. I wonder if any one has had this problem. I fired it today and the casing came straight back and took a gouge out of my cheek. I bled for an hour. I am guessing that the extractor did not capture it and it blew back full force into my face. I was wearing my shooting glasses but after this I think I need a full face shield.

I've put about 200 rounds through it so far. The plastic cap holding the bottom of the magazine broke. Browning sent a new mag promptly. I drilled a small hole in the broken one and pinned it. Sealed both ends of the pin with JB weld.

I also pained very nice white dots on the sights and they work very well for me now. I really like this this little 1911.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Sorry Al...never had that problem arise...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2017
  3. Dan Carey

Dan Carey .22LR

Had one fly by my fat cheek but never got cut...after about 200 rounds.
  4. Plinkerallen9

Plinkerallen9 Copper BB

I have not had that happen again. I have bought two more 1911-22 black labels, one for my wife, because I wanted fiber optic sights. I have over 1000 rounds through my two and my wife has about 200 rounds. We love these things.
    cupton likes this.