Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Michael McClelland, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Michael McClelland

Michael McClelland Copper BB

I am 81 yrs old, almost 82 and have some hunting experience and also range time with rifles including a Browning X Bolt 22-250. A friend got me involved in sporting clays and after a frustrating time using cheap used guns finally found a nice 12 G Superposed in seemingly good condition.
    My score almost doubled immediately and I think I finally understand something about having a gun that fits you. Just love this gun but, a week back an ejector broke, so figured that getting it repaired would be a lengthy process and being a but annoyed I bought a new Citori CX with 32" barrels, tried it today, think it is nice but prefer the Superposed, however to be fair I haven't given the Citori a decent chance yet. Will be a learning curve. Will still keep the Superposed when I get it back, just something about that gun.
    Found this forum while looking for information, been reading some of the posts and looking forward to learning from you guys.
    ShooterGranny and KyBoB like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, glad to have you aboard. I am for sure a Browning guy, but there are others that will work. Some just get lucky and the Browning fits like a glove. I have never shot a Superposed, but have shot a CXS. Not sure I like it. The 525 seems to check all the boxes better.
  3. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

Welcome! You're never too old to learn a new part of the shooting sports, and to find "the right gun" which helps you enjoy it a lot!

My husband is going to be 92 in a couple of weeks and still shooting the weekly competition at our club. He's still buying new guns also. This is the man who used to say "a man needs a 1911" so he would buy one and then sell or trade it in less than 6 months. He just didn't like them. Now, he has found that he loves 1911's.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

ShooterGranny I think you might need another new one too!
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  5. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

I bought 3 new ones in the past year for myself. :thumbsup: -- One was the Browning 1911-380 and then at the far other end of the $$ spectrum I bought two Keltec P17's, and they are a ball to shoot, once you get used to the fact that they weigh "about nothing."
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    Ranger6 likes this.
  6. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho (and formerly from the south side if Chicago) says Hi and welcome. A great gaggle of people here, with zero drama. Tons of information regarding Browning stuff.
  7. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Welcome from CA (Central Alabama) -- enjoy your tour.
  8. Michael McClelland

Michael McClelland Copper BB

Thank you all for such a nice warm welcome, very much appreciated.
    Cheers!
    ShooterGranny likes this.