Hello from NE Maryland!

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Tom Ehrhart, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Tom Ehrhart

Tom Ehrhart Copper BB

Glad to be a part of the site. I'm originally from SE Pennsylvania and came back to the area four years ago at the conclusion of my 25-year Army career. I've finally been able to get back into hunting and ended up in a great area (Aberdeen Proving Ground) which allows for Deer, Duck, and Turkey hunting as well as plenty of fishing and boating opportunities. Currently own a Browning Ultra XS Skeet that I have used as my competition skeet gun for 22 years. I recently picked up a Remington Model 11 (Auto 5 copy) that I used at the end of this season for duck hunting. With a little luck I'll be adding and Auto 5 to the collection soon. Thanks for having me. Tom
    ShooterGranny, KyBoB and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir. Very glad to have you as a member. Hopefully you will be enjoying the new to you auto 5.
  3. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho and formerly from the south side of Chicago says Hi and welcome. You will like it here, a great bunch of guys, with no drama.
    Buy another safe now.

Are Auto5s plentiful in your area?
  4. Tom Ehrhart

Tom Ehrhart Copper BB

Yeah, I'm already looking at a vault door based on my newfound appreciation of good old wood and blue steel firearms. Since Mil retirement, I've picked up an early 50s Model 70 30-06, a 1940 Rem Model 11, a 1951 Win M12 heavy Duck, and a CMP M1911A1. Already thinking about a sweet sixteen if I can buy the A5 12ga in the for sale section here.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hi and Giday from 10 000 miles away. By sounds will see you in the A5 Section sooner than later.
    Welcome aboard Good people here and a valuable resource