Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by dabrown56, Mar 2, 2019.

1. dabrown56

dabrown56 Copper BB

I'm a retired Marine living in East Central Minnesota. I am an avid shooter (Trap, Skeet, pistol and rifle) and a reloader and of course a hunter (ducks/geese, upland birds and big game). I currently own a Browning Safari in 257 Roberts (with no sights) ser #54xxx L69. I am trying to find out how many were made in this caliber as I know it is rare, any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

Howdy, welcome to the club.
    Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
    Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere....
  3. Norske

Norske .410

Greetings from Moorhead.
    Unless your rifle was made in the 1950s or earlier, it's either rare or unusual. It's a shame such a versatile cartridge fell to the 24 calibers because of gun writers (especially Warren Page). I have two 257 Roberts rifles, both Rugers.

My current Browning ownership consists of a 1966 vintage Challenger pistol with a Medalist barrel for match shooting (back in my college days) and a BLR 358 Win. I used to own a BL22 but sold it because it was too light for me to shoot accurately unless I had a rest. I still consider it the 2nd best 22 lever rifle made, and it's still a lot cheaper than the Marlin 39.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. dabrown56

dabrown56 Copper BB

Norske,

It was made in 1969, and from what I've learned there were less than 200 made in that caliber.