Hello From Arkansas

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Austin, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Austin

Austin Copper BB

Hello everyone, my name is Austin (I usually go by Booth, been called that since the 7th grade). I am 22 and a c2-c4 quadriplegic due to swelling in my spinal cord that was caused by a spinal cord stroke, leaving me paralyzed from the neck down. Thankfully I have regained enough use of my arms and hands to return to shooting which came to be one of my favorite hobbies during my junior year in highschool
    I own numerous guns, probably aroud 12 or so. but I currently only own one browning, a stainless buckmark urx camper with the fiber optic sight. I have had it for a year or so after trading for it because I always wanted one! The best 22 pistol I have ever shot! I plan on buying a surplus high power at one point because I am a huge fan of all of John Browning's designs, and look up to him greatly as one of the most innovative people in the history of firearms.
    I originally joined to ask some question about an an old a-bolt 22 mag that I was trying buy, but unfortunately the owner is a bit of a hoarder, so he wouldn't sell it. I figure I should go ahead and introduce myself (even though I may not 0wn the buckmark much longer)
    I mainly focus my collection now on guns with historical value, or ones that have interesting mechanisms, and those that are kind of eclectic. I love milsurp firearms of all kinds and read constantly about the different variants of service firearms from all over the world.
    I hope I will still be accepted here even though I am not a browning collector per say ;), and look forward to being on this forum!
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

Howdy, welcome to the club.
    Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
    Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...