Got lucky

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by murphranch, Jun 19, 2022.

1. murphranch

murphranch .410

Attended a sporting clay event last weekend where they had a long bird competition. I don't know why but for some reason I brought along my granddads A-5 Special Steel Magnum. Good thing I did. I ended up breaking 2 crossing left to right clays at 85 yards to win the event. Everyone was giving me a hard time about my "big ole long gun" until it was over and then it was crickets! Won a Christensen Arms 6.5 prc. Nice long range rifle but gonna be dang expensive to shoot.[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
  2. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Awesome! Show some pics of your grand dads gun. I have my grandfathers a5 12 as well. Perfect post for Father’s Day.
    Congratulations nice rifle.
    murphranch likes this.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Good work. I get teased about shooting A5’s too. The last time my squad was giving me a bunch of shit I ran 25 straight on skeet.

I am toying with the idea of building a 6.5 PRC. I have a blueprinted action ready to go
    Rudolph31 and murphranch like this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Congrats sir, great shooting. Looks like you need to start reloading for that bad boy.
    murphranch likes this.
  5. murphranch

murphranch .410

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nothing too fancy but it was one of granddads and now it’s mine. Great shooting gun in its work clothes. Wish I knew how many Canadians or drake mallards this gun has seen. Granddad’s passion was raising Chesapeake retrievers and waterfowl hunting on the North Platte River in Nebraska where he lived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    recoil and Rudolph31 like this.
  6. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Very nice gun. If a sbe was made like that (machined steel) they would cost 8k. That thing will outlast all of us. Great guns!
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    murphranch likes this.