Gold 10 firing pin issues

Discussion in 'Browning Gold Shotgun' started by gonegoosehunting, Feb 16, 2014.

1. gonegoosehunting

gonegoosehunting Copper BB

I have a gold 10 made in 1993 with a 30"barrel and black synthetic stock. I have had the gun for some years and I used it a lot for goose hunting. Let me start by saying I disassemble and clean the gun weekly during the season. It was clean, lubed lightly, and lube wiped off to remove excess. This last season I had some Remington shells and they weren't always going off when I pulled the trigger. I removed the firing pin and all is clean and good, and the springs on the hammer seem to have ample snap.(I'm not sure how to test them). Remington was real good about it, reported that the misfired primer was indented 0.007" deep and that SAAMI spec is 0.012" for shotgun. (they still sent me a check to replace the ammo). it did it with some Winchester and Federal shells in the end as well.

Any ideas on what might be wrong or worn out? I want to have a good gun for next season.

I also have a 20 gold and 4 older a-5's, I like the gun so getting a new gun is not an option I would entertain.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!