Girsan mix and match

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Trooper Joe, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Trooper Joe

Trooper Joe Copper BB

I just picked up my new MCP35 PI, all black, from Kentucky Gun Company for only $475 with free shipping. I figured out how to remove and replace the guide rod/recoil spring system with the help of a video posted by BH Springs (great company). After playing with it for about an hour and with the help of one of those NOS coated original Browning mouse trap magazines, really got it smooth (no need to remove the mag safety system which I would not do anyway).

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

I started looking at both my MCP 35 two tone and this new all black MCP 35 PI and thinking that the grey frame from my full size model would look real good on the PI model. Tried them and they were like silk as well as the trigger pull. Checked them over very close and could see no difference in dimensions at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

So I thought, why not mix and match. I originally thought that the two tone MCP 35 was sort of a strange color combination anyway.

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

Now that’s what I am talking about. The MCP35PI looks much better. Shown here along with a photo of one of those great “mouse trap” original mags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

Shown here is a borrowed photo of a set of Hogue grips I just ordered that will be installed on my now all black MCP 35. They will look great on my now proper colored MCP 35.

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

I have both of these guns smoothed out with a no grit trigger pull of about 5.5 pounds. The coated Browning mag really helps with this.

The Browning mag is only 13 rounds so if I want to use the original MecGar 15 round mags that came with these guns, the pull is similar. A little grit as the safety mechanism slides over the front of the magazine but the break is also about 5.5 pounds.

Love these Grisan guns. They are very close to my original BHP “Practical” but a lot more budget friendly.

Trooper Joe
    ShooterGranny, mark40 and Ranger6 like this.
  2. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

Great writeup, Joe. Hubby has one Girsan. It was a used one that he got in trade for his G22 that wouldn't sell. It came with an optic, but the optic was "all broke to pieces" - whatever, it wouldn't work. So he bought a new, better optic. $$$ Then it wouldn't fit the gun, so he wound up taking it to an excellent local gunsmith who couldn't find the right plate, and had to make one. $$$

Now I kid Hubby about his $1200 Turkish gun. He just grins and says "Yeah, ain't it great?" He does like that gun !!!!