G10 grips

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Blamejane, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Blamejane

Blamejane .22LR

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Well... you could contact Browning Customer Service to see if you could buy a pair of the aformentioned Black Label Pro G10's...

Browning Arms Company ยท Customer service
    [​IMG]
    +1 800-333-3288
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Hi BlameJane. G10 grips are made by a company called VZ. I have a set of VZ Operator G10 grips on three of my Black Ops 1911's (two 8 round .45's, and one 14 round .45). They look extremely aggressive, but are actually not harsh on my hands to shoot. I like them. Contact VZ, as they make them for Browning and will more than likely get you a much better deal than Browning will. Here is the link.
    https://vzgrips.com/
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks Rob...
    Rob poston likes this.
  5. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Any time. I think the OP will be happy with the G10's. Just a word of warning though, make sure that you get a holster that covers the grip if you are planning on carrying inside the pants. A day of working those grips against your side can rub you a little raw.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Heard that...
  7. Blamejane

Blamejane .22LR

Thanks Rob and Shooter. I would quote you guys, but I haven't figured out where the "quote" link is (and I'm too lazy to research LOL).

Anyway I have looked at VZ, however according to their FAQ's, it doesn't look like they'll make custom ones. This is why I chose to contact LOK grips, thinking they wouldn't have quite the production numbers of VZ. Well I did hear back from Jayson at LOK, who said he is so busy making grips that he can't do custom/new ones. He mentioned looking into hiring an employee so that he can get back to new product development. He suggested that I contact him in a few months as he might have the bandwidth to take on my grip project.

I thought that was a hopeful response; at least it wasn't an outright "no". I decided to respond back to him and mention that I'm a 3D modeler/software engineer, who dabbles in 3D printing. I asked if I could deliver to him a 3D/CAD digital file of my grips, would that help me get a set from him. He said absolutely, that all I would need to do is provide the appropriate file format (for the CNC machine) with just a smooth version of grips (no checkering). He also made a good suggestion that I have them 3D printed first to verify dimensions. Once I was satisfied, he would be happy to make them. How awesome is that?! Maybe I can get a discount on my grips, because once he has my digital file, he can sell to other 1911-380 gun owners; not to mention possibly the 1911-22 right.

Anyways, I'm excited...
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That's an awesome skill set Jane...and would probably help both you and him in turn-around time on the project.

Good luck and keep us in the loop...
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

You're welcome. If it helps, I can post pictures of my grips in detail for you. While I do have AutoCAD on my computer, I am still very new to it and would not begin to know how to write something as complicated as a pair of grips (I am still perfecting a box shape). Still, some pics and measurements might help your endeavours. Just let me know.
  10. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

You should see a blue "Reply" on the bottom right of the post. This will automatically pull up a quote that you can reply to. Once there, you can edit the original message to quote only the text in which you want to reply to, as I have done here.
  11. nakoa01

nakoa01 .22LR

Agreed, if you have a love handle those grips and the sharp edges get a little old. Alien gear solves that problem for the most part.
  12. Fyreguy

Fyreguy Copper BB

I have a new Black Lable Pro with the G10 grips that I would like to swap for classic walnut double diamond grips, just personal esthetics. When I get the new grips the G10s will be available, my -380 hasn't had a round in the chamber yet, so if You still need them let me know.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Fyreguy !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...a MANDATORY step for membership here...

Enjoy the forum...
  14. Hello, do the Duragrips for the 1911-380? I am looking to replace my G10 grips with something, perhaps rubber.
  15. Did you ever get your G10 grips? I want to replace mine with something more pleasant to hold.
  16. Took a quick look didn't see any. Decided to get out the sand paper. Thanks for your quick response.
  17. bonephish

bonephish Copper BB

18. Thanks for the link, but still no rubber.
  19. bonephish

bonephish Copper BB

20. Yepper. I guess you like them. I sanded mine a bit. The screw hole was questionable and the gunsmith sent the gun back to Browning. In it's absence I have purchased 5 more guns. I want my 1911-380 back. Nothing can fill it's shoes. I'm looking for rubber grips because I have arthritis and want to do everything I can to not further damage my hands. Rubber gives me a good solid grip. I'm thinking of calling Browning and asking for the gun back un repaired. It could take 6 more weeks. I wish they would hire more gunsmiths and have a 2 week turnaround.