Forgiveness

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Ranger6, May 10, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Ok fellas I have sined. Forgive me. I added a beretta 28 gauge to the stable. I’ll take my lashes as you all see fit. For what it’s worth, I will never fall by the way side again.
  2. Longshanx

Longshanx .22LR

Acceptable....especially a 28 :)
    Ranger6 likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yea it’s a 686 and just couldn’t pass it up. Hopefully be a good grouse gun
  4. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

I guess I would be the last person on earth to judge you for buying a............................................................................. Beretta.

I had a very similar happening years ago. I remember when I was at about A5 number 12 or so, and ended up buying a Japanese 20 gauge A5-ONLY because it was for sale for a too-good-to-be-true price. As soon as I got it home, I was ashamed of myself. I had let myself down. I didn't put it in my Browning A5 safes, it went into my rifle safe. I am constantly watching at gun shows for the guy that sold it to me, for fear he might blurt out "Hey, how's that Jap A5 doing?!..." and someone hears him. The thought that I have a Japanese Browning A5 sometimes causes me to question my own worth. I have tried time and time again to promise all of my other Belgian A5s that it was one time goof up--and I won't EVER do it again. Humbly, in tears. No response.

There, I bared my soul, one less skeleton in my closet.
    win7stw, Ranger6 and Longshanx like this.
  5. Ranger6

Yes I am right there with you. I must say this morning on the skeet field was pretty nice. It weighs little over 6lbs, and almost no recoil was a pleasure to shoot. It’s not the worst I could have done.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve got a Miroku Auto-5, though it was engraved in Belgium.

[​IMG]
    Longshanx likes this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

You could have done worse, like a Tristar or Mossberg
    Ranger6 likes this.
  8. Ranger6

Ha ha. I agree.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

What length of barrels did you go with? I’d really like a Citori CXS combo 20 and 28 gauge with 32” tubes.
  10. Ranger6

28” I looked at a browning, it was a special order 8 -12 weeks and it was about 1200 bucks more. As I have a 525 in 20. Didn’t see the need. The beretta is based on the scaled down frame. I may add 410 barrels. Not like I need it. Got 2 410 now but guess you can never have to many. Friend of mine has 20 gauge csx. It’s a nice gun and swings well.
    Also was my thinking that 28” would be easier to hunt with in the woods.
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Sounds like a nice gun. My 20 gauge 525 feels like a little kids gun so I can’t imagine what that 28 is like. I don’t need to worry about barrel length and trees here. If I can find a reasonably priced 28 gauge 525 sporting I’m going to buy it
  12. Ranger6

The key word was reasonably, they are expensive and hard to find now days, I heard the 525 was coming back, but not sure I believe that. They have 725 now
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I hope the 525’s come back. They are making them in 16 again. I think the 725’s look like ass
    Ranger6 likes this.
  14. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

And that’s bad?

[​IMG]
    win7stw, Longshanx and Ranger6 like this.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I guess I should have been more specific
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  16. Ranger6

Well the 28 gauge is back from Cole’s. 410 barrels fit and new wood to match. Damn that’s a fine shooting shotgun if I do say so myself

Attached Files:

win7stw likes this.
  17. Biz

Biz 20g

Let the person who is without sin cast the first stone. The picture of your Beretta saved your soul my son.
  18. Ranger6

Thank you sir, it’s been getting some use on the skeet field. I have been shooting 410 last couple days. Sure will bring you back down to earth.
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

My god that thing is beautiful.
  20. Ranger6

Thank you sir. I’m pretty happy with it.