For Ranger: Me vs Art

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, May 25, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

So in my post about my A5’s Ranger said he wanted one of my guns with nice wood. I said the one in the back was better. Art redid the stock on the engraved gun. I redid the other. Once I get done with the checkering I think mine is damn near as good. I need to wipe my grubby fingerprints off before I take pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ranger6 and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Pretty damn close for sure, I’m gonna give you the win cause you got the labor of love in yours. Anyone can pay to have it done. Very beautiful. Job well done for sure.
    win7stw likes this.
  3. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Those help my blood pressure.
    win7stw likes this.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks man. I have a couple more to go but I need a break from it for awhile.
  5. Biz

Biz 20g

If you didn’t "photo shop" the pic Lol I would say yours is nicer and you did it with passion. Imagine how nice it will be going hunting with your restored Browning and your dogs. Can wait for the family pictures.
    win7stw likes this.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I need to find some buttplates. The one on this gun is trashed. I might try the epoxy trick on one
  7. Biz

Biz 20g

BTW, I find the back ground of the pic very appropriate for the gun, it seems so natural. The clarity is superb and the color are very vivid. Did you wet the stone or there is a sealer on it? What device did you use for the pic.
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks for the kind words Marc. The background is my patio. It’s stamped and stained concrete. It’s shiny from the sealer I put on a couple weeks ago. I used my trusty iPhone to take the pictures.
  9. Longshanx

Longshanx .22LR

Nice pics of a couple of nice pieces. The cameras in these iPhones these days are amazing!